It's National Nutella Day! Here is our favorite recipe to try!
Posted on 05 February 2017
Thick and Creamy Nutella Hot Chocolate
- ¼ cup plus 2 teaspoons (3oz/ 85g) Nutella
- 1 tablespoon (1/2oz/ 14g) semisweet chocolate chips or chopped chocolate
- ½ teaspoon (or 1 teaspoon if you like it extra thick) cornstarch (*see note)
- Pinch of salt (optional)
- 1 cup milk (any fat content; I used whole)
- In a small saucepan, combine together the Nutella, semisweet chocolate/or chips, cornstarch, salt (if using) and milk.
- Place over medium high heat. Bring to a simmer stirring continuously with a whisk, until the chocolate melts and everything dissolves. Allow the mixture to come to a full boil and continue whisking for a few more seconds until the hot chocolate thickens. It should be thick enough to coat a spoon.
- Pour into a mug or 2 smaller cups to share (yes its that rich) and enjoy 🙂
* Customize the thickness of your hot chocolate they way you like it! Adding ½ teaspoon cornstarch will give you an ever-so-slightly thick hot chocolate that perhaps feels less rich, while 1 teaspoon will produce a thicker, more decadent European-style hot chocolate, comparable to chocolate sauce. I personally prefer 1 teaspoon; your call though 🙂
Recipe is A Cleobuttera Original